Dienste in Ubersee gGmbH
Agronomist (f/m/x) for capacity building in agroecological agriculture in Zambia
Your fields of action.
- Capacity building through trainings on agro-ecology
- Establishment of demonstration fields in the project area
- Technical support for students of the agricultural training programme in the practical phase
- Support for the introduction of a monitoring system for field work
- Networking with national and international organisations in the field of agroecology
- Degree in agricultural sciences with a focus on agroecology
- Additional qualification in water management for smallholder agriculture
- High level of gender competence and practical experience in gender-sensitive advisory work
- Methodological competence in participatory workshop design
- Excellent knowledge of English and willingness to actively learn a local language
- Enjoyment of living and travelling in rural areas
The project. You will support the partner organisation in strengthening village resilience through comprehensive agro-ecological measures – from agri-entrepreneurship, education and social sciences to health issues and the hospitality sector. In particular, incorporate current responses to climate change into educational programmes.
Working together for justice.
Since 1960, more than 7,000 professionals have supported partner organisations of Bread for the World in around 120 countries worldwide and shared their lives with people from another culture. DÜ selects these ecumenically and developmentally committed professionals according to standardised procedures, trains them in intensive preparation for service lasting several weeks and accompanies them during their time abroad and after their return.
Dienste in Übersee gGmbH | Caroline-Michaelis-Str. 1
D-10115 Berlin | | Marika Rothenberger | [email protected] | +49-30-65211-1341