MAC Clinical Research
MAC Clinical Research is expanding and we’re looking to recruit an Assistant Director of our Early Phase Unit in Manchester.
If you have a full and current GMC registration with a Licence to Practice, have 3 years of EPU or clinical trials experience and an in depth knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines; then we’d like to hear from you.
The focus of the role is to assist the Senior Director with line management and leadership of the medical team. You’d assist in managing all aspects of the Phase 1 clinical trials and fulfil the role of Principal Investigator, Sub Investigator and Chief Investigator.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Post graduate qualification; ideally Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine, Diploma in Human Pharmacology, Member or Fellow of Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
- Proven track record in people management and team building demonstrating strong leadership skills to motivate, retain and develop talent.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with highly effective time management skills
- Medical oversight and responsibilities
- Assist with proposals and feasibility group in preparation of reports for potential projects
- Oversight of process to deal with acute medical emergencies
- Ensure safety, well-being and rights of all patients
- Provision of day to day support for all staff
PHYSICAL, WORK ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL DEMANDS
- Long periods looking at a computer screen.
- Meeting deadlines and working within strict timelines.
- Shift work including weekdays or weekends/ nights may be required. Flexible approach to working hours with a requirement to work some unsocial hours to meet the needs of the clinical unit.
- Ability to travel to national / international meetings.
- Responsibility for review of Clinical Trial Application and Ethics Submissions when acting as Co-Investigator and responsibility for review, approval and signature when acting as Principal Investigator. Review of all early phase protocols and Investigator Brochures.