Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Job Summary The primary objective of this role is to maximise the Bank’s earnings through the sale of Cash Management solutions to targeted corporate clients. To be accomplished by winning new client mandates, expanding existing relationships, and protecting current business flows. To ensure new Cash Management income streams are sustainable, this role must support the establishment of strong, long-term client relationships in conjunction with the coverage team.
As Sales Executive he/she is directly responsible for
- To drive Cash Management sales – Liabilities, Payments, Collections, channels, Bank Direct, and any future products that will be introduced
- Developing profitable product relationships, identify and meet business needs of existing and potential customers, with value propositions and process standards.
- Negotiating and developing cash management facilities of selected corporate customers, and protect such business from activities of competitors.
- Networking with other Sales Executives and RM’s in the Absa Group in order to solve customer problems and provide customer solutions.
- Achieve sales performance targets as specified and agreed to within annual objectives.
- Segment each client/prospect based on anticipated need and forecasted growth potential. (Priority Client Targeting)
- Agree on annual client sales objectives and action plans with RM/RD organization for all ‘Priority Clients’ and review progress quarterly.
- Plan specific call objectives required to ‘advance’ the sales process with each client.
- Complete call reports to summarize discussions, opportunities and agreed actions related to all client sales calls.
- Maintain accurate ‘Cash Maps’ for all ‘Priority Clients’ as new information is identified during the sales process.
- Uncover client dissatisfaction with current situation in areas where Absa can provide alternative solutions.
- Update sales pipeline system on a weekly basis as new business opportunities are identified and existing deals are moved forward.
- Determine unique decision criteria, roles, and priorities of each client ‘buyer’ involved in the sales process.
- Influence relative importance of client decision criteria to maximize fit of Barclay’s proposed solutions.
- Structure compelling solution proposals to demonstrate a thorough understanding of each client’s requirements and objectives.
- Monitor progress of all implementations and provide appropriate support to ensure all client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Develop links with other related companies and product areas to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Attend selected seminars and conferences to promote cash solutions to targeted customers and prospects
- Coach and up skill team members in regards to cash products
Compliance / Ri
- Ensure that all potential and actual business activity and transaction comply fully with the Banks sanctions and prohibition policy.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all training as laid down by the banks standard guidelines is adhered to and completed within the stated timescales.
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)