SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agrifood systems, Renewable Energy, and Water. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
Established in Zambia in 1965, SNV is one of Zambia’s leading INGOs and works with locally based development partners including national and local government, civil society organisations and businesses to develop the capacities of local communities and alleviate poverty. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org.
Overview of the position
SNV is seeking an exceptional candidate for this role who has at least 7 years’ experience playing a similar role in Contracting and Procurement management in the non-profit and INGO sector. The successful candidate will be organised, a self-starter, with high levels of integrity and able to work independently as well as having the ability and judgement to respond rapidly to situations which require urgent attention. The Contracting and Procurement (C&P) Specialist will work with a team of procurement officers and intern(s) and he/she will be reporting to the Country Operations Manager. He/she will be overseeing all the procurement activities of the organization
Managing of Procurement Function
- Leading in all procurements, identify preferred suppliers, demonstrating value for money.
- Process and complete procurement requests in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
- Developing and implementing yearly procurement plans for all organization projects.
- Developing, managing and overseeing relationships with service providers and suppliers
- Drafting contracts with suppliers.
- Tracking contracts with service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery
- Ensuring a monitoring system is in place for procurement to ensure all service provision is transparent and quality controlled, and ensure the program continuously obtains best price and value for money.
- Overseeing execution of strong inventory management practices in procurement stores – including data management, best practices etc.
- Developing best practices for mitigating risk through enhanced quality assurance mechanisms for procurement material.
Mentoring a team consisting of Contracting and Procurement officers and interns.
Coaching Contracting and Procurement officers to identify high-quality, high-level suppliers and how to negotiate for best pricing and terms.
Working with multi-national staff and suppliers. * Identifying opportunities to grow the team and working with Country Operations Manager on recruitment of strong local talent.
- of services.
- University degree in Procurement, Business Management, purchasing and supply, or other supply chain management related field or related field, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership or certification from CIPS (UK) and or the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Solid and demonstratable knowledge of contracting and procurement and reliable in analytical judgments
- Minimum 7 years working in a Procurement Specialist role related to donor funded development projects.
- Good knowledge of databases management and ERP systems
- Proven ability in steering operations in a demanding environment along with people management.
- Excellent people skills and a collaborative management style.
- Commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal skills and analytical skills able to work seamlessly across cultures and organisational units.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal.
Interested candidates with minimum qualifications may apply by submitting a Cover Letter, CV and Salary History on or before 10th November 2022 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information shall be in the strictest confidence.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.