Medical Receptionist-Spanish; FLOAT between Oceanside and San Marcos
Schedule: Half days in San Marcos and Oceanside – Monday to Friday 8:00am to 12 Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00pm. (Saturday rotations 8am – 4:30 pm)
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for creating a friendly, welcoming and well-organized front office for patients and facilitating their flow through one of the TrueCare health centers. They are responsible for maintaining a professional and efficient environment for answering phone calls, addressing patient questions, registering new patients, scheduling appointments, updating records, and collecting and posting fees.
Intake and Processing of Patients * Ensure reception area is well-maintained, neat and clean for each working day; have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Check patients in, verifying patient identification, address, phone number(s), billing information and demographics.
- Inform patients of TrueCare services, policies and procedures.
- Inform and update patients of wait times.
- Qualify self-pay patients, according to TrueCare protocols, for any available programs the patient qualifies for and accurately enter data into Intergy.
- Review the “Agriculture/Migrant” question with patients according to current protocol and accurately enter data into Intergy.
- Print and verify immunization record of children through the San Diego Immunization Record (SDIR).
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients; assure patient confidentiality at all times.
- Answer incoming calls, address inquiries, and take detailed messages when necessary.
- As appropriate, transfer calls or send tasks through our Electronic Health Record (EHR) to nursing and/or provider staff.
- Pre-register, register and schedule patient appointments, as needed.
- Assist patients with completion of registration forms, as needed.
Collection and Posting of Fees * Inform patients of costs of care provided.
- Collect co-payments and fees, issue receipts and post payments according to TrueCare protocols.
- Monitor and log any problems that occur with the POS device and notify the Information Systems (IS) department immediately.
- Input collection and insurance information into Intergy. Ensure self-pay billing is completed daily.
- Balance daily financial registers and submit data to the billing department; give fees collected to the person responsible for making deposits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Receptionist or Customer Service Representative.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of episodic programs and qualification requirements.
Join our TrueCare team and receive a superior benefit package featuring flexible options to fit your lifestyle:
- Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with low co-pays
- Employer paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Supplemental Life and AD&D coverage at competitive group rates
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program for financial planning, taxes and other life issues
- Education benefits to further your passion
- Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match to eligible participants
. Loan repayment approved site
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations. ” The State of California released a new order requiring all staff in healthcare settings to be fully boostered by March, 1 2022.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.