Medical Science Liaison – Northeast – Boston, MA 02109
Albireo Pharma, Inc
Medical Science Liaison
Senior Director, Global MSL Lead
NY, New England, OH, PA
The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based scientific and clinical expert who strategically supports Albireo’s medical and scientific objectives. The MSL is responsible for identifying, developing and managing peer-to-peer relationships with a variety of healthcare professionals including pediatric hepatologists, gastroenterologists and surgeons.
He/she will be accountable to engage in high quality communications regarding the science and clinical applications of Albireo’s marketed and development portfolio to variety of external stakeholders, as well as obtain important insights about current practice, treatment landscapes, and emerging clinical and scientific data. In addition, the MSL is expected to build strong internal relationships and collaborate cross-functionally in a fully compliant manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain scientific relationships with national, regional, and local opinion leaders in addition to other healthcare providers
- Strong, compliant, scientific support of field commercial colleagues including support of sales and market access team initiatives. Provide on-going training to field commercial personnel, providing up to date information on topics of relevance.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information and engage in meaningful, peer-to-peer scientific exchange
- Stay informed of medical and scientific developments in the pediatric cholestatic disease space by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending relevant conferences
- Planning and support of medical affairs initiatives and booths at scientific congresses
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs
- Deliver approved medical/scientific presentations to internal & external stakeholders
- Facilitation of investigator-initiated trials (ISTs)
- Collaborate with clinical development to enhance patient enrollment in Albireo sponsored clinical trials with site recommendations and maintaining contact with investigators participating in our ongoing trials as needed
- Lead the planning and execution of subject matter expert meetings/advisory boards
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on internal projects and external initiatives
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Medical Affairs project support including in house initiatives
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) is preferred.
- Field Medical experience within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred. Previous experience in pediatric hepatology or pediatric cholestatic related therapeutic area is strongly preferred.
- Strong clinical knowledge including pharmacotherapy, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, medical expert engagement strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
- Minimum of 40% overnight travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.nexxt.com.