First Quantum Minerals
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
To safely operate equipment on which he/she is trained on and permitted.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include:
- Operate machine safely and competently
- Follow operating manuals and general pit and safety signage
- Report all defects on the machine and care for the machine
- Avoid spillage on the mine roads
- Avoid running on spillages to avoid tyre damage
- Ensure the check-list is completed and submitted
- Ensure good house-keeping
- Follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure and regulations.
- Performs other related duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Competence Certificate in RDT Machines or Equivalent
- Experience in operating 180/150 tons and Electric trucks
- Experience in other auxiliary machines (Grader, Dozer and or Excavator) will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ experience
- Valid Silicosis
- Valid First Aid Certificate will be an added advantage
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at
Follow us for the latest news at
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE
Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.