First Quantum Minerals
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Supervisor, the TLB operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the TLB.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Safety of all activities carried out within operating site both by TRI-FQM and Contractors on site (PPE).
- Operate mobile plant equipment and keeping it clean and in good working order.
- Ensure daily KPI’s are achieved.
- Comply to all Safe Working Procedures established by the company.
- Analyse and report defects to supervisor / maintenance.
- Ensure good work environment (good housekeeping) and clean machine.
- Ensure machine availability and conduct pre/post checks.
- Loading the Trucks during routine operation.
- Sorting material and stockpiling.
- Ensure that all laid down procedures are followed before doing any trenching.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties.
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure the safe and efficient operation and to detect malfunctions and notify supervisors of needed repairs and unsafe conditions.
Key Job Attributes
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both himself and for the company.
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Certificate related to the work.
- Should have knowledge on various earth moving machines and basic maintenance on machines.
- Minimum of Two (2) years working experience in Roadworks.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at www.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at https://www.linkedin.com/company/firstquantumminerals/