International Rescue Committee
Poste proposé : Protection Monitoring Assistant
RC is recruiting a Protection Monitoring Assistant, who is a members of the Protection Team, operating in the North West and South West Regions. The role of the Protection Assistant will be to ensure the implementation of protection monitoring activities in the field. The Protection Assistant will work under the supervision of a protection officer and collaborate closely with the M & E Officer, with technical oversight provided by the Protection Manager. The Assistant will collaborate with other IRC sectors such as ERD, WPE, EH and CP.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The protection assistant is in charge of implementation of protection monitoring activities in the field.
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer – Monitoring, in collaboration with the M & E Officer and with technical oversight by the Protection Manager, the Protection Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for monitoring protection concerns (rights violations, discrimination, and exclusion) among the IDPs population, returnees, and host communities in their area of responsibilities in a manner that protects the safety, confidentiality and dignity of the beneficiaries.
Monitoring activities will lead to
an increased understanding of the protective environment, including essential demographic data, vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps impacting the displaced, returnees and host populations, and
sharable reports detailing needed actions by all actors (IRC, and the humanitarian community) to address protection concerns/gaps and contribute to referral mechanisms for specialized services. The Protection Monitor will work in coordination with the M&E Officer to ensure that monitoring data is used to inform information materials and campaigns.
The Protection Monitor will also be responsible for gathering data on available service to support updated service mapping, identify and refer persons at high risk to the Protection Case Management Assistant direct response. The direct link and collaboration with the case management assistant and team will be essential to the work, as well as sharing context-appropriate and verified information in the targeted communities. Protection Monitors will receive technical guidance and support from the PRol M & E and respond to questions and requests for additional information on submitted protection data on a weekly basis.
The Protection assistant will respect the principle of confidentiality of the information received during the activities.
- Conduct daily mobile field visits to the communities to meet with persons of concern within the community and identify individuals at risk and humanitarian needs according to weekly work plan
- Utilize digital data collection systems (KOBO) for data collection and uploading, and participating in trainings on the digital system, data cleaning, and regular debrief and supervision of digital data collection activities.
- Directly upload protection data to produce a clear, protection-focused report and translate and follow-up on red flag protection-related issues
- Under the guidance of direct supervisor, facilitate one-on-one interviews and focus group discussions with IDPs, host community members, returnees, and service providers in the field on selected protection concerns.
- Maintain regular communication and support with the community focal points for regular data gathering and coaching.
- Conduct Rapid Protection Assessment(s) as appropriate following community alerts
- Conduct protection risk analysis in deployment areas and in coordination with WPE and CP teams, work with communities including CBOs to develop risk reduction mechanisms
- Conduct daily protection monitoring activities and report accordingly
- Report daily information on protection situation to the Protection Manager, Protection Officers and M&E Officer for integration in protection monitoring reports.
- Contribute to regular adjustment of tools, report any significant change in the protection situation
- Participation in inter-agency joint emergency assessments to assess the emergency needs of conflict induced IDPs in project target locations.
- Conduct protection monitoring of Persons of Concern (PoCs) in different situations by applying the different community and individual methodologies as appropriate and using KOBO Toolbox as a data collection tool.
- Planning, organizing, implementing and reporting all field level activities at the divisional level to achieve the project targets.
- Promote and maintain good relations with stakeholders and communities.
Reporting and Data management:
- Ensure ethical and confidential data collection during monitoring and evaluation.
- Monitor the progress of the program and identify any delays that have been or may be expected
- Ensure that activities are fully documented, including regular and systematic collection of data required.
- Establish and implement a training evaluation system as pre-post tests to measure participants’ learning level.
- Produce / contribute to the writing of the reports required by IRC and the lessor (progress of activities, monitoring of indicators, etc.)
- Comply with the IRC security procedures and report the security information provided to him to ensure a safe and secure environment for the implementation of the program.
Coordination & Représentation:
- Ensure coordination of programming with any other sectors or external stakeholders as per portfolio of projects
- Work closely and coordinate with the IRC Support Services to carry out programme activities. This includes participation on need assessments, review programming and M&E meetings
- Any other task requested by his/her supervisor to allow the program to progress.
- The Protection Assistant reports to the Protection Officer (Protection Monitoring).
- Commit to IRC Way (or Code of Conduct / Mandatory Reporting Policies)
- Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of these policies in its framework.
- Commit to comply with IRC’s Internal Regulations in Cameroon
Profil recherché pour le poste : Protection Monitoring Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher in Law, Economics, Political Science, public administration, humanities or other related filed desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Field Monitor (preferably with NGOs)
- To be of Cameroonian nationality;
- Clear understanding of and interest in the protection field of expertise;
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, and work in a difficult environment;
- Fluency in English is required as well as fluency in local language of the intervention area;
- Clear understanding of human rights, and issues surrounding violence against civilians;
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients;
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization;
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting;
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Strong supervision skills
- Familiarity with humanitarian context of the North West and South West Region.
- Understanding of humanitarian terms.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and written skills, and good computer skills in EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and data collection tools (Kobo, etc)
- Fluency in English Language, Pidgin English and/or a local language of the Region assigned.
- Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings is a plus.
Presentation of Application File
- An up to date (CV);
- Cover Letter/Application
- Copy of NIC
- Academic Credentials
- Relevant Previous Work Attestations.
- Applicants can apply online or deposit their application in a closed envelope specifying the position at the IRC office in Camp Sic- Bokwango Road-Buea, SWR or at our office in Up Station Governor’s Street -Bamenda, NWR.
Critères de l’annonce pour le poste : Protection Monitoring Assistant Métier :
Métiers de la santé et du social
Secteur d´activité :
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
Type de contrat :
Bafoussam – Bamenda – Bertoua – Buéa – Douala – Ebolowa – Garoua – Maroua – Ngaoundéré – Yaoundé
Niveau d’expérience :
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
Niveau d’études :
Nombre de poste(s) : 1