Website ib organisation
Senior Analyst Programmer 2 x Permanent positions, full time, 37.5 hours per week Competitive salary Remote-based opportunity
The goal of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is to contribute to a better world through education. To reach this goal we must attract, develop, and retain highly skilled, motivated and value-driven people. If you share our passion and commitment for making change happen and providing the very best in international education, we invite you to apply for one of our current job opportunities.
Situated within the IT Assessment support team in the Cardiff office, this role is responsible for support and development of IB Assessment business critical systems. This team is responsible for ensuring that Assessment systems used by internal and external stakeholders worldwide are stable and meet end user needs. In addition to providing support and maintenance of production software, it includes support of organizational projects. The development performed by this globally distributed team includes technical design, analysis, write up of specifications, programming, unit testing, and documentation.
This post is responsible for the quality of the systems delivered within the internal and external team. It includes the review of code written by 3rd party offshore teams, approvals of change requests from a technical perspective, and deployment to production systems of approved code.
This post requires extensive liaison with other staff in the IT department, 3rd party suppliers, and end-users IB wide.
Over the next few years there will be transition to C# programming with .NET Core and .NET framework, Angular and Azure technologies, including event driven microservices and server less architecture.
- Delivery and support of enterprise-strength solutions via a variety of platforms
- Investigate, analyse, and develop technical solutions for IT software incidents and problems
- Providing functionally correct, unit tested, deployable, and performant software artefacts
- Ensuring software meets NFRs, especially for Security, Maintainability, and Performance
- Production of technical documentation as required during the SDLC
- Review and approve solutions, development and documentation of changes and development performed by globally distributed teams and 3rd parties where applicable.
- Assisting with code quality monitoring, reporting and assurance across IB projects and workstreams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive systems development knowledge with experience in web application and database development in a range of technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Full knowledge and understanding of the SDLC
- Focuses on delivering value to schedule without compromising quality
- Willing and able to assume end-to-end ownership of technical solutions
- High level of maturity; gives and receives constructive feedback
- Communicative; clearly presents and articulates proposals, estimates and solutions
- The ability to gain a deep understanding of business requirements and systems organization-wide and of the implications of decisions made within IT Development.
- Strong knowledge of trends and technologies in systems development and the ability to identify and recommend opportunities for the use of new or alternative approaches which will be of benefit to the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to chair meetings, make presentations, and to communicate complex technical issues using simple and clear language.
- ITIL Practitioners Certification.
- Experience working closely with 3rd party suppliers, ensuring delivery of 3rd party systems.
- Experience working with and supporting globally distributed teams.
- Java web services
- Oracle Reports
- Employer pension contribution.
- 25 Days annual leave, plus public holidays, with the option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave.
- Continuous professional development.
- Flexible benefits allowance.
- Health and wellness schemes.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Discounts on a range of products, including technology and days out.
- Cash back opportunities available from a wide range of retailers.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free on-site car parking.
Applications will be accepted until the 4 September 2022.
We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. The International Baccalaureate is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants.
To apply for this job please visit ejst.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com.