Senior Director of Research
Director of Research – Machine learning / Drug Discovery software
I am working with a developing biotechnology that is committed to provide sophisticated software options for drug discovery. The company’s flagship product is an extensive collection of integrated software that directs molecule optimisation, architecture, and data analysis, increasing the effectiveness, productivity, and momentum of the drug discovery process.
Their brand-new portfolio of goods and services offers cutting-edge AI innovations that amplify the knowledge and abilities of researchers. They are seeking a leader for their research team who will create and implement cutting-edge novel techniques in predictive modelling and machine learning for drug development software, including quantum-mechanical methodologies (DFT and semi-empirical). In order to ensure that scientific innovation is translated into rigorous, worthwhile, and engaging goods, they require assistance in guiding the company’s research and design strategy.
They want someone who can retain and bring on top-notch fresh researchers, helping them to accomplish their goals and collaborating with the commercial teams to guarantee that new ideas and products are communicated in a clear and factually accurate manner.
- PhD in chemistry, computational chemistry, cheminformatics, machine learning or a related field.
- 1+ year in a Director position, leading a team.
- Experience of scientific management in a commercial environment.
- A track record of high-quality peer-reviews publications and conference presentations
- Experience with quantum mechanical (DFT and semi-empirical) and machine learning methods.
- Guide the strategy for R & D and provide leadership to the Research team, supporting them with
projects involving the application of new methods to challenges within drug discovery.
- Work in collaboration with the Development team to drive innovation in the production of valuable products.
- Ensure all feedback from current research is feed through and utilized to future projects.
- Be part of a hiring process, recruiting new members into the research team and providing them the support to thrive.
- Work with the Commercial team to create solutions for scientific communication accessibility for the company’s innovations and products and support customer’s effective use of products.
- At conferences and in meetings with current and potential customers, represent the company’s scientific innovations and products.
- Hybrid position (with flexibility)
- Competitive base salary
- Pension contribution
- Private medical cover
- Life insurance
- Gym membership assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Erin Blank for any further information
Erin P. Blank
Senior Consultant – EMEA
Email: eblank (@) barringtonjames.com
Following your application Erin Blank, a specialist recruiter will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. She will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.