- 8 years of experience as a marketing analyst using statistical techniques (e.g., hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, and significance testing).
- Experience in campaign brand lift measurement and using analytical insights to guide media planning.
- Experience with digital marketing including Google Analytics, Performance Incrementality, and Multi Touch Attribution.
Experience of line or team management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Research Methods, Economics, or other quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using data for storytelling and presenting research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with data mining principles and querying data sets (e.g., using SQL for collecting data from multiple data systems).
- Experience with data visualization (e.g., Looker or equivalent BI tool).
- Experience in market research principles (e.g., sampling, question wording bias) as well as analysis of survey data (e.g., data segmentation and conjoint analysis).
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques (e.g., Regression analysis such as Linear, Logistic, Ridge).
About the job
You will drive measurement, analysis, and testing initiatives supporting global and regional marketing programs. You will directly analyze large data sets, and design and perform statistical analyses that continuously improve our process efficiency and campaign impact. In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of marketing, product management, analytics and engineers, you will tap into the underlying data, align on key metrics/methodologies and generate insights that enable marketers to develop valuable, highly effective programs.
In this role you will drive key measurement and analytics programs that deliver a scaled impact for Google Marketing across media campaigns.
You will also have a technical role in driving all things marketing analytics. You’ll define problems, develop metrics, extract data, and communicate results into recommendations that enable decision-making and drive business impact. You will manage measurement and define milestones, provide direction for agencies/vendors, delegate, prioritize, plan, and manage a group of people to drive the project to completion. You will maintain a global consistency, while keeping regional focus.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop solutions for marketing challenges, while also uncovering opportunities for measurement and optimization to push brand and performance marketing to the next level.
- Build measurement plans, tracking requirements, reporting, metrics and benchmarks for our campaigns to understand the incremental impact of our marketing.
- Analyze campaign results and report the media effectiveness across all stakeholder groups.
- Develop processes to ensure all stakeholders align and understand how we determine campaign success.
- Conduct analysis, find best practices and bring and surface opportunities and risks otherwise not identified to executive stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .