Title: Senior Technical Officer, Data Systems and Knowledge Management
Project: CDC/FHI 360 Technical Assistance (TA) Project
Location – Chipata
Supervisor: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than seventy countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer, Data Systems and Knowledge Management
Senior Technical Officer, Data Systems and Knowledge Management will work directly under the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead to enhance and support a robust information system for the PEPFAR/Centre for Disease Control (CDC) funded, FHI 360-led Technical Assistance (TA) Project to the Eastern Province Health Office (EPHO). S/he will work to ensure reporting of quality data that accurately reflect PHO and project performance). S/he will also work to support the EPHO in designing appropriate robust systems to support data reporting and sharing among key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the EPHO in collecting high quality data that meets donor and project reporting and management needs.
- Support EPHO to develop and design databases including applications for data capture and input, report generation, retrieval of data and other functions
- Support EPHO needs assessment activities and work with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases, enhancements, or modifications to existing databases.
- Support EPHO to conduct advanced data analytics and visualization including design and maintenance of real-time dashboards at various levels of the project
- Support EPHO to develop systems for high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Support EPHO to provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Support EPHO in the implementation of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) and quality improvement (QI) at project sites.
- Support EPHO to build capacity of staff, and other stakeholders in program data management research and learning methods.
- Support EPHO to contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Support EPHO to deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or any other related Quantitative field with at least 6 years practical experience in a job relevant Information Technology Role [e.g., Software Development, Data Systems Development, Data Management]. Very good working knowledge of any industry standard object-oriented programming language and software development environment (Web / Mobile development) Experience working with an industry enterprise relational database system like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL etc. Experience designing and implementing relational databases, with special emphasis on the Relational Model Experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) for data cleaning, analysis, and reporting Very good hands-on experience with an industry standard Data Visualization tool such as Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, Tableau etc Good data analysis and report writing skills.
The following will be added advantage:
- Experience working with Monitoring and Evaluation systems in an PEPFAR Health and/or HIV/AIDS program setting
- Working knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR DHIS2 reporting systems
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record system (EMR) like SmartCare
- Working knowledge of least one statistical environment like SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, Python
- Working knowledge of GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS
- Knowledge of standard industry data visualization/BI software like Tableau, Power BI
- Basic knowledge of scientific peer-reviewed abstract writing practices
- masters degree with 6 years relevant experience
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to perform these duties.
FHI 360 is an FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Note: Relocation is not available for this position. Individuals currently residing in advertised locations are encouraged to apply.
The closing date of receiving applications is 30 November,2022
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.