- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in backend development and using Java.
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with Go, Spanner, or SQL.
- Experience in building storage engines, including for time series data.
- Understanding of large-scale concurrency systems.
- Interest in working on backend data services.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals. We support that mission by working on core data storage services. We are in charge of creating a unified data storage solution for Fitbit users.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Gather requirements for data services; design, implement, test, deploy, and support our features and services.
- Review code by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices.
- Contribute to documentation and training materials and adapt content based on product updates and user feedback.
- Route and resolve issues identified from design to implementation to testing to production.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our clients.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .