First Quantum Minerals
Overall Job Purpose
To offer leadership in safely executing maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others. Communicating of company goals and targets while assessing work performance and identifying areas for improvement and training opportunities.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Ensuring that the section works to a weekly plan, provide coaching and mentoring for area shift supervisors.
- Attend weekly planning meetings, review Weekly plans to ensure that they are realistic and achievable.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in Field Maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all subordinates.
- Continually assess the tooling and equipment to do the job safely and effectively, procure additional resources if necessary
- Provide leadership and mentoring for area shift Supervisors and HER fitters including on-going training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensuring the right people are in the right job.
- Oversee the execution of the weekly plan for the maintenance activities in the Field by providing direction to the Artisans.
- Ensure the unplanned breakdown work is managed effectively and all work captured in Pronto. Ensure PM inspections are being carried out to the highest quality and all corrective work is identified before becoming a breakdown
- Actively participate in all section activities, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications.
- Liaise with other cross functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Provide technical advice for existing plant / equipment and development projects.
- Manage visiting consultants.
- Conduct Fault finding and failure analysis.
Job Specific Competencies
- Team work, leadership, result orientated, problem solving, decision making, responsibility, communication skills
- Constructs, installs, and repairs equipment and machinery
- Diagnoses equipment problems and determines repairs needed
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease
- Turn-around times and streamline work processes.
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
- Repairs, overhauls, maintains, and services diesel-powered vehicles, heavy trucks, heavy mining equipment, graders, dump trucks, and excavators
- Repairs, overhauls, maintains and services fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Repairs, overhauls, maintains and services drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
- Practices workplace safety Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty mining equipment.
- Inspect, repair and adjust diesel powered units as per procedures and specifications.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service to the mine.
- Perform mechanical repairs on mining equipment in the workshop, PM bay, in-pit or anywhere within the mine premises when required.
- Operate automotive servicing equipment, e.g., service trucks, grease trucks, breakdown vehicle etc.
- Accurate completion of work orders and time sheets.
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
- Install and align engines on machinery.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drivetrains and final drives.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma as an HER Technician. HER Technologist or better
- Minimum of at least 3 years of experience in an open pit setup
- Basic computer knowledge – MS Outlook email and MS Excel
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at www.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at https://www.linkedin.com/company/firstquantumminerals/