General Procedures to apply for a nigerian passport:
- Visit the ONLINE Nigeria Immigration Portal https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/
- Select the correct application form to start the process; e-Passport Application Form MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
- Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on ‘Start Application’ button.
- Fill the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars):
- If you selected option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”,
- If you intend to pay at a bank, selected “Bank” and click continue,
- View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
- The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
- With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
- On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below)
- If you intend to pay through Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue,
- You will be required to fill in your log-in credentials.
- After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal
- For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
- Payment portal display application details, click on “Continue” button.
- You will be prompted to “Value Card” payment page, provide information of your card & Click on “OK” button
- After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
- You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.
Utilizing your Validation Number
- Later, having acquired the “validation Number”, continue to the NIS portal to confirm the payment.
- Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
- kindly enter the number from your ‘approved payment receipt. Keep in mind: Validation Number is processed after payment have been completed through Bank.
- Click the “Search Record” button and you will be REDIRECTED to the “Candidate’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been produced.
- You would now be able to print a Receipt or an Acknowledgment Slip by utilizing the buttons on this page. (You will require them for your interview).
- You will be given your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgment Slip in another window. Click on “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
TO SET AN APPOINTMENT FOR PASSPORT INTERVIEW.
GO TO THE CONSULATE WEBSITE – WWW.NIGERIAHOUSE.COM CLICK ON Schedule Passport Interview Appointment
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED BY EACH APPLICANT ON INTERVIEW DATE:
- Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- Copy of Payment Confirmation Slip
- Copy of Acknowledgement Slip
- Expired Nigerian passport (if not presented, will be considered lost passport)
- Photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- Prepaid, Self-Addressed USPS overnight express mail Envelope with Tracking number
- Credit or Debit card for $30 administrative fee
APPLYING NIS PASSPORT FEE IN NIGERIA (NAIRA)
|Booklet Type||32 Pages||64 Pages|
|Junior(AGE 0 – 17)||8,750||20,000|
|Adult (18 to 59 years old)||15,000||20,000|
|Senior (60 and above)||8,750||20,000|
- Letter of introduction from appropriate State Government, Federal Government Ministry / Organization.
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report in case of lost passport
- Letter of appointment / last promotion .
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission