International/National consultancy: Consultancy services for climate analysis for Zambia, 22 working days over 5 months, Lusaka, Zambia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Access to clean water..
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit .
How can you make a difference?
The consultant will report to a WASH Specialist who will monitor and issue instructions on the expected deliverables and timelines. The consultant will prepare a work plan covering the duration of the assignment and subsequently submit deliverables against the approved work plan. The Consultant will be contracted by, and report to UNICEF Zambia. Other partners, like Ministry of Water Development and Sanitation, and Ministry of Green Economy and Environment will also provide feedback on the expected deliverables.
The key deliverables under this assignment are shown below. Please note, the number of days of work per output is indicative but the total number of days is fixed. The duration of the project is longer than the days required for work to allow time for feedback from UNICEF and government.
Please see Detailed TOR for more information on the tasks and deliverables, here:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
The consultant must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Environmental Science and related fields in either human or natural sciences.
- At least eight (8) years of experience with climate projections, modelling, water engineering, environmental engineering, natural resources management, and/or water resources management or a related field in developing countries.
- Strong background in implementing climate analysis/ assessments for water supply and sanitation with expertise in social, economic, and environmental dimensions of sustainability.
- At least 5 years field experience in the climate water, sanitation and hygiene sub sector
- To have performed at least 3 similar consultancies – design, analysis/ assessment, management and monitoring and evaluation (climate change and resilience programming, climate projections and modelling, climate rationale, climate change projects)
- Research, survey methods and data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experience in conducting similar work with governments (climate change and resilience programming)
- Good reputation in the climate sector or similar fields of study
- Proven experience with Project Management and ability to achieve quality results, on time, and within budget.
- Ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of WASH and climate.
To view our competency framework, please visit .
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF offers for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Please remember to express your financial proposals (and/or professional consultancy fees) in Zambian Kwacha and for USD for non Zambian.
Advertised: 25 Oct 2022 South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 08 Nov 2022 South Africa Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.