Lead Fibre Surveyor
London – OUTSIDE IR35
I am recruiting on behalf of global telecoms service provider for a Lead Fibre Surveyor on an initial 3 month rolling contract OUTSIDE IR35, London.
As Lead Fibre Surveyor you will play a key role within the PIA team and will be responsible for working on existing and new build fibre networks to specific customer specifications.
As Lead Fibre Surveyor you will have extensive experience in completing Fibre Surveys within Multiple Dwelling Units for customer connections who can share knowledge and lead a small team.
As Lead Fibre Surveyor you will be based across London at specific customer locations, you will liaise with customer and project management teams to fill your own quota of MDU unit surveys each day and support the team to deliver.
As a Lead Fibre Surveyor, you will be proficient to a high level in the use of MS office tool suite (Excel, Word, Visio) including filling in survey templates, capturing requirements to install fibre to the homes of individual MDU blocks considering the customer requirements.
Lead Fibre Survey’s
Capture survey data for installation of fibre cables, cable management and splitter locations throughout MDU’s, choosing optimum routes and solutions.
100+ home units per day across various building sizes.
Capture PIA access to the premises
Hazard and specific difficulty identification
Update designs and tracking information throughout the day.
This work is building the next generation of fibre connectivity across customer’s future networks and a good background in Fibre build is essential. Day to Day the position is varied, and the opportunity involves working across multiple projects, no day will be the same.
As Lead Fibre Surveyor your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Track daily progress of the team ensuring the project schedule is being met
- Reviewing any plan discrepancies in the field
- Technical support for solution delivery
- Coordinating activities
- Quality assurance and checks of completed work and work practices
- Review plans and ensures all documentation is available as required
- Authority for all fibre routes deployed in the creation of the fibre network.
As a Lead Fibre Surveyor, you will have the following key skills & experience:
- As a Lead Fibre Surveyor must be extremely knowledgeable about MDU internal and external installation practices.
- The successful candidate will have typically begun their careers working in the field hands-on, (e.g., cabling installer/ splicer) and should be familiar with various network construction methods and the design elements of a project.
- Cable installation within an MDU environment
- Fibre infrastructure, PIA (Public Infrastructure Access)
- GIS systems for the planning of routes
- Proficient to a high level in the use of MS office tool suite (Excel, Word, Visio).
- Network engineering in Telecom’s environment.
- Thinks logically
- Has a can-do attitude
- Self-starter and a great leader
- Strong written and numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands.
Lead Fibre Surveyor Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Resilience to overcome challenging situations and a willingness to learn
- Experience working with Fibre Cabling/Fibre Optics.
- Organised, professional, and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- MEWP Ticket/IPAF 1b/CNCI Preferable.
- NRASWA Ticket – Ideally Modules 1-6/CSCS Card/EUSR Card.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.