- Full Time
- Posted 23 hours ago
Exciting Career Opportunities
Designation: Project Manager
Reporting Line: Country Project Manager – Projects & Innovation
Business Unit: Information Technology
Employment Type: 2 Year contract
Project manager is accountable for planning and allocating resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle. The project manager will support all projects assigned by the Country Manager Projects & Innovations and ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities
Project Stakeholder Engagement and Co-ordination
- Co-ordinate performance of project teams to ensure timely and quality delivery.
- Provide close direction and guidance to team members on specific deliverables to achieve project benchmark.
- Engage with individuals and teams throughout the project life cycle to set and achieve buy-in to agreed objectives, monitor
- project progress and communicate updates, critical insights and key findings to ensure smooth working relationship.
- Prepare Steerco pack and facilitate monthly meetings to prioritize new projects and provide feedback on existing ones.
Development and Execution of a Functional Project Plan
- Translate business cases into practical, functional plans in order to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Facilitate workshops to obtain agreement regarding responsibilities and timelines encompassing risks, assumptions, issues
- and dependencies to ensure all relevant stakeholders understand and approve project plan.
- Co-ordinate a strong project team to ensure the management and implementation of all project plans.
Management of Project Budgets
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, develop project budgets to attain good return on investment.
- Ensure that project is delivered within Budget and on time to ensure that scope and approved budget are adhered to.
- Identify and implement cost savings and other financial efficiencies where appropriate to avoid budget overruns.
- Monitor project expenses and act to manage and mitigate variances to track and update project committee in a timely manner.
Accurate, Timely Reporting
- Manage quality assurance by developing relevant project reporting and metrics, including critical success factors, risks,
- mitigations, high level actions and decisions taken or to be taken so as to ensure Stakeholder satisfaction.
Adherence to I.T. Governance, Risk and Compliance Standards
- Identify and mitigate project risks e.g. from a regulatory and governance and/or tactical / strategic perspective to ensure
- ongoing compliance to IT governance, risk and compliance standards.
- Produce relevant documentation and policies to comply with audit requirements.
- Build professional working relationships with key stakeholders, give regular progress reports and manage expectations to
- ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Liaise with business users and broader IT team to provide information and assist with queries.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Computer Science or any relevant IT and/or business degree.
- A Project Management Certification (PRINCE2, PMP etc.) is required.
- Experience with Agile Project Management (Kanban or Scrum).
- Demonstrated experience in the use modern Project Management tools.
- Demonstrated capability of managing projects successfully.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CV’s to [email protected] or [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Clearly state the job applied for in the subject field. Closing date: Monday 14th November, 2022.
Job Search Zambia