World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Natural Resources Management program component deliverables
- Provide guidance and general technical direction on Natural Resource Management to all implementing partners ensuring that activities being implemented are contributing to the results of the Natural Resource Management component of the entire program.
- Follow ups with each of the implementing partners to ensure NRM activities are being implemented according to plans with high quality standards being maintained as scheduled and targets being met.
Coordination of Natural Resources Management Component with Implementing Partners
- Coordinate Natural Resources Management forums with all implementing partners for sharing and learning to ensure improved programming and NRM interventions are result oriented and contributing to the overall project goal.
- Ensure regular meetings with NRM specialists in consortium members/ implementing partners to give progress on the component and provide technical advice
- Ensure each partner is supported to meet the Natural Resource Management deliverables they are responsible and accountable for.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Ensure Natural Resources Management component of the program is adequately monitored and reported by implementing partners and quality control measures are put in place.
- Working closely with M&E Manager, to ensure M&E system captures Natural Resources Management data requirements of the program to enable monitoring of key NRM indictors and monitoring of impact on livelihoods
- Ensure efficient management of NRM budget lines including monitoring expenditures to ensure interventions are delivered as planned.
- Support timely financial reports with NRM interventions and related expenditures accurately captured
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Environment and Natural Resource Management, Agriculture or similar is required. Additional relevant experience may substitute for some educational requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NRM or relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 3 years working in the area of Landscape Management and Restoration, Climate Smart Agriculture and Value Chain Development.
- Five years of experience in managing NRM/livelihoods donor funded projects, including multi-country grants. Excellent knowledge and experience in activity budget tracking & management. preferably with an international NGO.
- 5 years of working experience in similar consortiums coaching and mentoring program staff for quality
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated grant-funded projects in Zambia
Applicant Types Accepted: Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted