First Quantum Minerals
Overall Job Purpose:
To coordinate Excavator & Shovels Training and Assessment activities, supervising daily Training tasks, scheduling all Trainings in the Training systems [Intuition INX] and Reporting the progress of all Training activities to the Technical Training Superintendent.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assign tasks as scheduled to the Excavator & Shovels Trainers, supervise daily training tasks and provide all the necessary training tools to help them carry out their duties effectively.
- Coordinate all sectional Training and Assessment activities and ensure that they are being executed in accordance with the FQM Trident Technical Training systems and assessment guideline.
- Compile the weekly Training assignment schedule and send to the Technical Training superintendent.
- Managing staff rosters in line with company policy.
- Ensure all relevant short term planning is done in line with the company’s training set objectives.
- Maintaining a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational and behavioural safety and encourage teamwork within the department in line with FQM TRI – company values.
- Schedule nominated trainings in the system (Intuition INX) and communicate the training dates and duration to the client/end user.
- Communicate with the external training provider and coordinate any external scheduled training.
- Conduct Operational performance review and set smart goals for all Excavator & Shovels Trainers.
- Coach and mentor Trainers [new and old] on the job in order to improve the effectiveness of training delivery.
- Conduct Training Need Analysis (TNA) and training audits as directed by the Technical Training Superintendent.
- Develop, review and update Learning Materials and Documentation (Manuals, PowerPoint, Assessment tools etc.)
- Maintain all Training records (electronically and in hard copies) and coordinate all simulator administrative duties.
- Any other duties as directed by the Technical Training Superintendent or the Technical Training Manager.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Must have hands-on experience with excavator & shovel equipment operations.
- Knowledge of legislation governing mining safety related to excavator & shovel equipment operations.
- Mining regulations knowledge.
- Training needs assessment skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and report writing.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Knowledge of training event coordination.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
- Good planning skills.
Key Job Attributes:
- Excellent attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical employees.
- Commitment to meeting objectives.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Must be smart and driven.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong drive to contribute to copper production.
- Commitment to SHE performance.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Be diligent and thorough in approach.
Experience required to perform in this job:
- At least 3 years of operational experience and 3-5-years’ experience as Trainer/assessor preferably in the mining industry.
- Knowledge with regards the legislation that govern mine safety as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Zambia and other safety statutory provisions.
- Management skills.
- Coaching and Facilitation skills.
- Supervisory and administration skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full Grade twelve certificate
- Certificates in Surface Mobile equipment [SME] Operations in related field.
- Minimum of a diploma in a technical field, a degree is preferred.
- A diploma in technical teaching/teaching methodology or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Training professional registered with TEVETA and valid EIZ license.
- Certificate in supervisory/leadership course.
- Advanced Simulator Certificate level 1 & 2 – an added advantage.
- Certificate in Computer skills (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Driver’s License.
- A valid first aid certificate is advantageous.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at www.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at https://www.linkedin.com/company/firstquantumminerals/