USA-United Nation Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-2024. Do you want to spend the most amazing month of your life in the United States? You just understand it. Apply for UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA. The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program is a full nine-month program in the United States, of which 3 months will be spent in New York and the remaining months will be spent at the host institution in the United States.
The UN Nippon Scholarship is open to all countries.
Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply for a full scholarship in the USA. The UN Nippon Fellowship is actually a program designed for marine science, ocean education, and the law of the sea. The window has been closed for the best information about this scholarship program below.
Details About UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-2024
- Offered by: United Nations
- Funded by: Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea of the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations
- Location: UN Headquarters, New York
- Who can Apply: Anyone
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 24th March 2023
What this Fellowship is All About?
The UN Nippon Fellowship is all about advanced training on ocean affairs and the law of the sea, as well as related disciplines, including marine science in support of management frameworks.
Why You Should Apply? (Financial Benefits)
You Should Apply and give a try for UN Nippon Fellowship because its a Fully Funded Fellowship in USA. All the Expenses will be covered such as:
- Monthly stipend from the host organization.
- Local transportation costs are covered.
- Return economy Air tickets are provided
- Visa processing and visa processing fees will be covered
- Medical insurance
- Accommodation costs for nine months.
- Partners will receive a $100/month book allowance.
Here are top 5 reasons why studying in the US could be the best decision of your life:
1. Academic excellence
The US boasts of some of the finest universities, a lot of which consistently rank in the world university rankings. American institutions are also known to have high academic standards, follow rigorous practices to maintain quality and are well-supported to be able to offer excellent education to its students. As per the QS World Ranking 2019. 33 of the top 100 universities are from the US. Similarly, Times Higher Education Ranking has also ranked seven of the American universities in its top 10 list of universities.
2. Flexible education system
American universities and colleges offer a myriad of courses and programs to choose from. You have the freedom to not only select the course content, but also the structure. At the undergraduate level, you have the liberty to pursue different courses before they you declare your major at the end of the second year. This helps to explore your subject interest and then decide without much hurry. Similarly, for your graduate studies, you can choose your preference and when you progress for your dissertation, you can focus on the ideas you want to emphasise upon.
3. Excellent support system for international students
American universities understand the struggles of international students and therefore conduct regular orientation programs, workshops and trainings to offer assistance. In fact, the international student office helps students like you to get accustomed to a new kind of lifestyle – whether it is an academic query, cultural or social, the staff will be there to assist you round the clock.
4. Cultural diversity
The US is a melting pot of different cultures, races and ethnicities. Its diverse environment ensures that there is acceptance among all communities and there is no room for any sort of discrimination. You’ll be learning with students from different regions of the world thereby making it a rich and stimulating education experience. Growing in the midst of diversity will provide you with strong personality traits and skills that will be valuable in the international market. These days employers prefer students with a multi-cultural background, which you would get a great taste of in the US. A one of a kind international exposure, the US will help you explore variety of cuisines, customs, festivals and art too.
- Phase One: 3-month Research and Training, which is normally undertaken between March/April and June at DOALOS at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- Phase Two: 6-month Advanced Academic Research and Study, which is normally undertaken between July and December at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions.
List of Host Institutions in the USA
You will spend your first three Months in New York at the UN headquarters. For the rest of the months, you will do your fellowship in one of these universities in the USA.
- Ankara University Research Center of the Sea and Maritime Law
- Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS), University of Wollongong (Wollongong, Australia)
- Cardiff University, School of Law and Politics, (Cardiff, U.K.)
- Centre de Droit Maritime et Océanique, Université de Nantes (Nantes, France)
- Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies (CERMES), University of West Indies (Cave Hill Campus, Barbados)
- Centre d’Etudes et de Récherches sur le Droit des Activités Maritimes et l’Environnement
- (CERDAME), Institut du Droit et de la Paix et du Développement, Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis (Nice, France)
- Coastal Resources Center, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Columbia Law School, Columbia University (New York, U.S.A.)
- Department of Public, Civil Procedure, International and European Law of the University of Milan (Milan, Italy)
- Edinburgh Centre for International and Global Law, Edinburgh University (Edinburgh, U.K.)
- Faculty of Law, The University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
- Gerard J. Mangone Center for Marine Policy, University of Delaware (Newark, U.S.A.)
- Graduate Program in Marine Affairs, Department of Marine Affairs, University of Rhode Island (Kingston, U.S.A.)
- Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology – ZMT (Bremen, Germany)
- Marine and Environmental Law Institute, Dalhousie University in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- Marine Affairs Programme, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada) in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- Marine and Shipping Law Unit, University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
- Marine Law and Policy Research Centre, Istanbul Bilgi University (Istanbul, Türkiye)
- Maritime Institute, University of Ghent (Ghent, Belgium)
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, (Heidelberg, Germany)
- Melbourne University Law School (Victoria, Australia)
- National Oceanography Centre (NERC), (Southampton, U.K.)
- Nelson Mandela University South African Research Chair in the Law of the Sea and Development in Africa, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea, Utrecht University School of Law (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- NOVA University, School of Law, (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Saint Mary’s University (Halifax, Canada)
- Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance (SELG), University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Sydney Law School, University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia)
- School for the Environment, the University of Massachusetts Boston (Boston, U.S.A.)
- Tulane Maritime Law Center, Tulane University (New Orleans, U.S.A.)
- University of Milano Bicocca (Milano, Italy) : Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza and Dipartimento di Scienze dell’Ambiente e della Terra “Marine Sciences Programme
- University of Tromso (Tromso, Norway)
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (Woods Hole, MA, )
- World Maritime University (Malmo, Sweden) and Global Ocean Institute (Malmo, Sweden)
For the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship, you must:
- You must be between 25 and 40 years old.
- You must successfully complete your first university degree.
- You must be a mid-level professional.
The Last date to apply for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 is 24th March 2023.
How to Apply for the United Nations Nippon Fellowship 2023?
There is an online application process created by the United Nations for participation. To Apply for the Fellowship please follow up with these steps:
- You will see the Apply Now button in red color on the official website of the UN.
- The application must be typewritten or word processed.
- Applicants must answer all questions thoroughly and clearly.
- Special attention should be paid to sections 18, 19, 20, 21, and 23 of the application.
- The application form must be signed or certified by the nominating authority or officer in charge.
- Submit the signed form through email directly at [email protected]
A Detailed application detail about the Fellowship is mentioned on the official website. The Link is given below.